Gifted and Talents Overview
It is the belief of the Northland Pines School District that we have an inherent responsibility to support the needs of gifted and talented learners through early identification and continued consultation with classroom teachers. It is important to understand that gifted children not only need varied and challenging learning opportunities, but also require support for their unique patterns of social and emotional development.
The Northland Pines Gifted and Talented Program is committed to:
- Ensuring best-practice is in place to challenge high-ability learners in each classroom.
- Working with parents and staff to identify gifted and talented learners from all backgrounds through the use of multiple criteria.
- Offering enrichment opportunities through programming, workshops, and competitions.
- Supporting the social and emotional needs of high-ability learners through case management and counseling.
- Identifying students who are twice exceptional and providing support, accommodations, and strength-based instruction.