This two-week long cultural experience will engage American and Chinese students ages 10 to 14. Classes will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Trees for Tomorrow in Eagle River, Monday through Friday with optional evening and weekend activities exploring all that Northern Wisconsin summers have to offer.
Click here to view brochure.
Click here to view daily schedule.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend
1. Travel back in time to learn about the Voyager way of life.
2. Participate in adventurous day trips while making new friends.
3. Immerse yourself in the beautiful surroundings and unique wildlife of the Northwoods.
4. Experience the culture and arts of the Native Peoples of Northern Wisconsin.
5. Create and program Lego Mindstorm Robotics to compete in various challenges.
Trees for Tomorrow
Trees for Tomorrow, a natural resource specialty school nestles on over 30 forested acres, is located in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Classroom time with science based study combines with active, field study in the surrounding nature rich areas lends to a natural resources educational experience that lasts a lifetime! Students will learn sustainable practices, while interacting with new friends from China and the United States and connect with themselves and the natural world we live in.
The curriculum will be project basked with a focus on environmental studies and cultural elements of Northern Wisconsin. The program will incorporate all areas of study in a hands-on and motivating format for students. Some experiential lessons could include Water Quality Testing, Logging through the centuries and outdoor pursuits. Students will work collaboratively to complete assignments and enrich their learning and creativity.
Optional Evening Activities
- Welcome group picnic and campfire
- Forest Fest
- Vilas County Fair
- Water Ski Show
- Explore Waterfalls
- Miniature Golf
- Paul Bunyan Fest